Monday, March 24, 2014

On Pentatonix and Music

On Saturday, I got to see Pentatonix in concert and it was an amazing experience. I love the performance aspect of concerts. You get to hear (and see) raw emotion on the stage and I connect with the music in a way that's difficult to achieve from a recorded track. It's just an all-around amazing experience, especially when a talented performer is headlining. And the members of Pentatonix are incredibly talented. If you don't know them, just check them out on youtube, and I guarantee that you'll be hooked.

Here are some pictures from the concert:








After the concert, I thought about music and its role in my life. I absolutely love music and love going to concerts. As much as I love music, though, I don't link books to music, I don't make playlists, and I definitely don't listen to music while reading or writing. I get too distracted, and end up singing along. I wanted to know if other music-loving book bloggers feel the same way, so I decided to ask you guys a few questions:

Do you go to concerts? Who are some of your favorite artists? How important is music to your reading/writing experiences? And do you tend to associate songs with some of your favorite books? Let me know about your experiences with music and going to concerts, and if you also tend to keep music, reading and/or writing separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment